Overall, the three of these products performed very well. They do have their minor differences, but they all lived up to their claims for the most part.
When I first swatched these products, I ran them under running water and the result was pretty interesting. The Flower Beauty creme eyeshadow and the Maybelline Color Tattoo eyeshadow were both waterproof, the water droplets beaded up on top of those shadows; however, the water on the Loreal Infallible shadow did not bead up, it reacted just the same as the water did on my regular skin. Next, I tried to wash off these products with soap and water. The Flower Beauty and Loreal products cleaned up very nicely, but the Maybelline one stuck there. Even with two hand washes, later that night when I was taking a shower, I could still subtly see water bead up on that spot, even when the color had faded.
Flower Beauty Color Play Creme Eyeshadow - Lilac You A Lot - $7.98
The photos above were taken with a powder eyeshadow on top, using the Flower Beauty creme eyeshadow as a base. I also tested this out without the powder eyeshadow and the results were the same. I have a video review of this singular product here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6KVlr8zLWA if you are interested. It shows footage of the creme eyeshadow on its own with check-ups throughout an entire day. The rest of the pictures are without any shadow on top, just the cream eyeshadow.
- No creasing with/without shadow on top
- Looked the same after 9+ hours as it did first thing in the morning
- Super lightweight, feels like mousse, you can feel the moisture content (I can't really describe it more than that, but it feels cool to the touch and like no other makeup product I've had before, it's interesting and pretty neat)
- So easy to apply, but also sets like a dream (i don't even know how that happens lol)
- Works well as a base too, makes shadows show up beautifully & helps them blend more evenly & easily
Loreal Infallible Eyeshadow - Endless Sea - $6.97
As for the Loreal Infallible shadow, we all know I had to love it just because of its gorgeous teal/turquoise/blue color, they are my definite all time favorite eyeshadow colors. It's just so gorgeous.
- wonderful color pay off, even more amazing when applied wet, also tends to apply more easily when applied wet (with a damp eyeshadow brush)
- a little hard to blend when it isn't on a base, but applies wonderfully on top of bases such as NYX White Eye Shadow Base or even the Flower Beauty creme shadow or Maybelline Color Tattoo also mentioned here
- 24 hours? I don't think so. I fell asleep with this on (which is horrible, don't do it, sleeping with makeup on is not good for your skin and especially your eyes!) and when I woke up it was totally gone, there was not a trace of it left except at the very base of my eye lashes. And I know for a fact I have plenty of other makeup products that will stay put overnight.
- Color slightly faded throughout the day (you can see in the picture, it's not really a big deal, but I'm just mentioning it here)
- No creasing on me
Maybelline Color Tattoo - Barely Branded - $5.94
"Cream formula glides on without creasing and keeps color vibrant.
Cream gel smooths on for vibrant color that does not fade."
according to maybelline.com
The Maybelline one is pretty awesome, especially since it's the cheapest of the bunch, but also, I think it's formula is superior to the others.
- 24 hours? I say yes. I didn't fall asleep with this stuff on, but judging by how waterproof it is and how much scrubbing it takes to get it off, I bet it would stay on for a LONG time
- Color stays good all day (at least for this one, a nude/champagne kind of color, hope it's the same with the super bright ones)
- No creasing (the picture may slightly look like it, but I promise it was good all day)
Overall, these products are similar in some ways, but also different in others. The Loreal shadow is a shadow, essentially, it's not to be used as a base for other shadows, like the other two can be used. The Maybelline especially is an excellent eyeshadow base, and the Flower Beauty one is good, but also works just as well as an eyeshadow too.
As for the price point, I realize they are only $1-$2 apart, and to some, that is not a big deal, but in my opinion, since the Maybelline seems to be the superior product, yet it is the cheapest of the three, it just makes me wonder why the other two cost more.
Since the Loreal product is pretty much just an eyeshadow, I feel like it isn't fair to be comparing it directly with the Flower Beauty and Maybelline products. So, when it comes down to it, I believe the Maybelline product is superior because of it's waterproof capabilities, staying power, color pay off, and also for its price. However, I don't want to say that the Flower Beauty product isn't great. It has a wonderful texture and it's a really cool product in my opinion; whether it's really worth the $2 extra over the Maybelline, I still haven't decided.
They are all exceptional products in my opinion, but I guess it just comes down to what exactly it is that you want from the product.
I hope this was somewhat helpful for you all. If the text wasn't that great for you, I at least hope the pictures helped a bit.
Video review will be up some time this week hopefully!
Thanks for reading!Love,